Meet Lew Andrews
Hi, I’m from St. Johns, the oldest English established settlement in the Americas (1541), and the capital of Newfoundland and Labrador.
A retired Scotiabanker, curling out of the Bally Haly Golf and Curling Club, I am married to Denise for 38 years and we are enjoying our third Miniature Schnauzer, “Quincy”.
I have curled and golfed since boyhood, but I am clearly identified with curling, through playing and volunteering. Over the years I have also enjoyed salmon fishing, playing squash, dog obedience training and my hobby interests have taken me from building custom fly rods to building custom golf clubs.
Most of my community volunteer service has related to my business background and my interest in curling:
* have coached junior curling
* served on curling club boards of Carol Lake Curling Club, Labrador City and St. John’s Curling Club
* served as Chair of St. John’s Curling Club Advisory Board
* served as Ambassador for St. John’s Board of Trade
* board service with Newfoundland Cash & Treasury Management Assoc
* Executive service with the St. John’s Oilfield Technical Society
* Executive service with Newfoundland Labrador Curling Assoc
* Past Co-chair, Curl Atlantic
* Vice President, Business for the 2005 Scot Tournament of Hearts
* CCA Liaison to the 2005 Scottish Women’s Tour
* Chaired Financial Review Committee, Bally Haly Golf & Curling Club
* Currently, a board Governor, Canadian Curling Assoc
My Home page on the internet: